Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily; and ty righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward . And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and SATISFY THY SOUL IN DROUGHT and make fat thy bones, and thou shall be lke a watered garden, and like spring of water, whose waters fail not (Isaiah 58:8, 11)
“BUT I Always eat here!!” the girl shouted to her brother as she looked up from the kitchen table. The kitchen table was speckled with distractions of many colors. There were markers, papers, gummies, cookies, beads , games, a phone, a small TV and an i-pad. The girl’s shoes sat empty beside her feet. Her bare feet(1) wiggled into the fur of her sleeping dog. “So, I aint’ movin!” she declared.
“Well, daddy said, to tell you that you are invited to a banquet tonight. It is a very special night” (2)the boy said as he walked by the sitting girl . He was carrying a white table cloth across his arms with palms turned upward holding the folded edges. He walked carefully towards a large dinning table .
The girl remained sitting , gathering small candies to top upon another oreo. “Well, bro, I’m a staying right where I am. I eat here every night and I am very comfy.(3) Hey, What’s up with the white sheet?”
“It’s not a sheet .It’s a table cloth sis. Daddy says, put the tablecloth down to get ready for the banquet.(4) That’s what Daddy says” the boy replied with a tone of confidence and trust.
” Ugh. I still say that sounds sooooo boring. And that sure is a darn boring color” the girl mumbled as crumbs trickled from her mouth. Sprinkles sprayed across the table. She brushed them off her I Pad which was glimmering with U-tubes and texts. “Come on bro lets just order pizza. You need to let Daddy alone with his friend. He doesn’t need your company.”
Not persuaded, the boy unfolded the white table cloth. “I am going to eat with Daddy. He wants me at His table. He is making something very delicious for us sis. And, do you know we will be eating with a King tonight. He is magnificent and gives us a taste of every desire of our heart. You need to come and see.” (5)
“When we eat here” he pulled out a chair waving his hand across the seat. “When we eat here we will be in a perfect and real place.a very beautiful place! It will never disappear or fade away.(6) It is not a pretend place like those pictures on your i pad.And It is with real friends not like those fading friends on. . . ”
The girl pushed her chair out quickly and stood with a stomp resounding from her bare feet. Her face scowled as she put her hands to her hips. She shouted ” I will have you know little brother. I’ll have you know …that I have real friends, AND lots of them , hundreds! And more want to be my friends ”
She took one hand from her hip and pointed to her I pad. Then, returning her pointing finger to her brother, she said “And you. . . you and your one imaginary friend of Daddy’s . . . whoopie. . . who is this fella anyway that you have to get the whole family excited about him?”
The boy stood back from the table to see if the lay of the cloth was even. Blinking often , he tried to let his eyelids swallow tears. One tear escaped. He tilted his head from the table in front of him to the girl “This fella is more than a friend, he is the Son of Daddy and He is not imaginary!!”(6)
“Well, you say that you are the son of Daddy. . . what’s the diff?” she asked as she returned to sit down.
“He is His firstborn. His very first born” (7)The boy explained.” in fact He is the first born over everything. and He went through a lot to come to our house!”
“Hmm. . . not impressed” she said.
A stream of tears escaped both eyes. The boy ran his sleeve across his face ” Im just telling ya sis I really wish you would come. . . Cause when you eat. . . . ”
Interrupting with a “Hmm” The big sister assembled candies on top of an oreo. A gummy worm dangled from her mouth. “Well I am staying right where I am. I eat here every night. And I’ll have you know I went through a lot to get where I am right now. I did a lot of chores to get all this”. She waved her hand over all that sat on the table.
The boy looked away and began to set the table before him with dishes . The girl looked at him ” woah brother don’t bother setting me a plate”
“Don’t worry This is not yours sis, this is for our guest. ” the boy said.
“Are you saying Daddy is letting him sit in MY SEAT!!” the girl exclaimed .
“Yes” the boy answered “He gets to sit where we usually sit”
The girl replied “That’s why I am not coming . I don’t like him taking my seat.”(8& 9)
- ‘bare feet’ feet not fit “with the readiness of the gospel of peace” Ephesians 6 :15 ESV
- Isaiah 25:6 ” And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of choice prices a feast of wines, on the lees of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.”
- Ezekiel 16:49 Behold this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride , excess of food and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.
- Revelation 6:11a ” And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season. . .”
- Psalm 34 “Taste and see that the Lord is good http://www.spurgeon.org/treasury/ps034.htm
- 1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh is as grass and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away
- Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God the firstborn of all creation.
- Galatians 5:17 for the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- Matthew 10:38-39 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.